Before commencing this or any new exercise program please seek your doctor’s approval to exercise.
This abdominal weight loss routine has been designed by researchers at the University of Sydney (Fat Lab) and extensively investigated.
This weight loss exercise routine involves:
• Low impact exercises including walking, cycling, rowing or stair elliptical machine. These exercises are usually appropriate for women with pelvic floor problems including pelvic organ prolapse.
• Exercising on 3 alternate days per week.
• 15 minutes of alternating high and low intensity exercise with 8 seconds high intensity and 12 seconds low intensity exercise.
• Exercise intensity during the high intensity component should be vigorous causing increased heart rate and breathing.
• 5 minutes low intensity warm up and cool down.
Benefits of this abdominal alternating high and low intensity fat loss routine:
After 3 months using this exercise regime subjects (women and men) have been shown to have:
*Decreased abdominal, trunk and visceral fat (fat around internal organs)
*Decreased leg fat
*Decreased waist circumference
Increased aerobic power
*Increased lean muscle mass
*Increased insulin responsiveness (decreased diabetes risk)
Potential Drawbacks with this Exercise?
• Physically challenging
• Not appropriate for beginners or obese individuals
#bellyweight loss #abdominalweightlossexercises #prolapseexercises
1 M. Heydari, J. Freund, and S.H. Boutcher (2012) “The Effect of High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise on Body Composition of Overweight Young Males,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2012, Article ID 480467, 8 pages.
2 D.J. Chisholm, J. Freund and S.H. Boutcher (2008) “The effects of high-intensity intermittent exercise training on fat loss and fasting levels of young women” International Journal of Obesity, vol 32, no. 4, pp. 684-691.
– – – – – – – –
J Cole Goodbyes licenced User
Loxbeats Finally copyright music (YouTube)
Waterfall Scandinavianz No copyright (YouTube)
– – – – – – – –
Disclaimer The information provided in this video is intended as general information and not a substitute for individual medical advice regarding your medical condition. To the extent permitted by law, neither Healthy Fit Solutions Pty Ltd, as trustee for the P & M Kenway Family Trust (“we”), nor any of our officers, employees, agents or related bodies corporate will be liable in any way (including for negligence) for any loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you through your use of, or in connection with, this video or information supplied or offered to be supplied on this video. Although we use our best efforts to provide accurate information and other materials on this video, the video is provided “as-is”. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and representations provided about or by this video are excluded.